- Population: 89,640
- Median age: 34.7
- Land area of the City: 27.11 square miles
- Elevation: 659 ft.
- Average rainfall: 41.0 inches
- Average temperature: 62.83°F
- Parks & Trails: Nearly 800 acres of developed park land and nearly 50 miles of hiking and nature trails
- Restaurants: 180+
- Telephone Area Codes: 972, 469, and 214
- Zip Codes: 75002, and 75013
- Hotels: Seven (830 guest rooms and more than 25,000 sq. ft. of adjustable meeting space)
- Police protection: 1 station located at 215 McDermott Drive, Allen, Texas 75013 and three storefront locations located at Allen Premium Outlets, The Village at Allen and Watters Creek at Montgomery Farm.
As of the 2010 Census, the city had a population of 84,246 people. The racial makeup of the city was 64.9% White, 8.4% African American, 0.5% Native American, 13.9% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 2.9% from other races, and 1.7% from two or more races. Hispanicor Latino of any race were 16.2% of the population.
There were 14,205 households out of which 55.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 74.6% were married couples living together, 7.4% had a female householder with no husband present, and 15.2% were non-families. 11.9% of all households were made up of individuals and 1.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.07 and the average family size was 3.35.
In the city the population was spread out with 34.9% under the age of 18, 5.4% from 18 to 24, 40.7% from 25 to 44, 16.2% from 45 to 64, and 2.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 31 years. For every 100 females there were 99.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 97.3 males.
The median income for a household in the city in 2007 was $93,392, and the median income for a family was $100,736.